A 10-Minute Play
eBook (ePUB) ISBN: 978-1-387-73379-8
- 2020 SWAN Day Play Readings, Play Club West, Hollywood, CA
- 2019 Knutsford Little Theatre Play Festival, Knutsford (Cheshire), England.
- 2019 Wilmslow Festival of One-Act Plays, Wilmslow, England.
- 2018 Madwomen in the Attic, Featured Writer/Writing for September.
- 2018 Manhattan Repertory Theatre, Summer New Works.
- 2018 Fresh Fruit Short Play Competition, Nuyorican Cafe, NYC
- Published in Rain and Thunder: A Radical Feminist Journal of Activism and Discussion.
"I think it is the best short play I have ever read."-- David Muncaster, Director of the Knutsford Little Theatre International One Act Play Festival, U.K.
"Raw, shockingly-brutally-unflinchingly honest and passionate and loving and surprisingly warm and kind... [the play] refuses sentimentality and the overdone, emotional hand-wringing of so many works dealing with serious subject matters. It left me thinking about it long after..." --Juli Brooks Settlemire
"... I was expecting it to be about the inner thoughts of the one who suicides but... it is really about those left behind. It provides a controlled space for the friend to express her anger at the woman who is repeatedly attempting, and the fantasy she could stop her, and the forever deep urge to hold her, comfort her still."-- Patricia Morgne Cramer, Associate Professor English, Univ. of Connecticut.
Janiya, a young woman is in the hospital on a mandatory suicide watch after her third attempt. She is visited by her ex-girlfriend Cil. As they both struggle with the aftermath of the attempt, the two women arrive at a dynamic that might be a game-changer.
2 women, early 20's