When Sex Is Not the Metaphor for Intimacy:
A Historical Lecture on Lesbian Sexuality
Patty Bresser, Sharon Kowalski, Karen Thompson
Defying the notion that healing from sexual abuse means replicating the behaviors of non-survivors, this immensely popular lecture examines ways in which lesbian survivors have historically customized intimate relationships to reflect an expanded political awareness, a heightened commitment to activism, and a deepened capacity for intimacy.
- Originally commissioned by the Unitarian Universalist Church in Madison, WI, for the annual Wartmann Gay/Lesbian Lecture Series.
- National Women’s Music Festival at Ball State University in Muncie, IN.
- Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival, Hart, MI.
- Bloodroot Café, Bridgeport, CT.
- 5e Colloque international d'Etudes lesbiennes Bagdam Espace lesbian, Toulouse, France.