Like There's No Tomorrow
Meditations for Women Leaving Patriarchy
Read the review on Uppity Women blog
- Originally published by Common Courage Press, Monroe, ME.
- Named top fifteen books for Feminist Theory study group, off our backs, Washington, DC
“Many feminists are brilliant, but how many are wise? Playwright Carolyn Gage is a radical lesbian feminist who is wise, as this book demonstrates … uncompromising and tough-minded, yet inspiring… ” --Carol Anne Douglas, off our backs, Washington, DC.
“I've had a copy of the manuscript for less than a month, and it is covered with underlined passages and post it notes. Already, I find myself referring to it constantly, incorporating it into what I need to know about the world.”--Elliot, Women’s Books Online.
“I am replete or content. I feel as if I have had a most satisfying feast. I have been reading this book off and on for about two weeks, and although I am a quick reader, this is a book to have by your bedside or your favorite chair to think on as you read passages as needed.” -- Mary Atkins, Uppity Women Magazine.
Like There’s No Tomorrow takes no prisoners. This is a meditation book that will clear your political sinuses and blow out the cobwebs of fuzzy “live-and-let-live” thinking. These annotated quotations may be read as a series of mini-lectures, as inspirational meditations, or as a Cook’s tour of women’s history.
- Hot role models! Sor Ines de la Cruz, Chrystos, Sappho, Saadawi—and a host of unsung heroines!
- Cool strategy! How to lay in for a siege, turn the tables, seize the offensive.
- Suspenseful stories! Donaldina Cameron’s daring rescue of prostituted Asian girls, Fannie Lou Hamer’s courageous resistance to police brutality, Lillian Hellman’s defiant stand at the McCarthy hearings.
- Words of wisdom Quotations urging women to hold a grudge, cherish our anger, cultivate our rage, mind other people’s business, and live Like There’s No Tomorrow!